This Bhutan walking tour is a tailor made, eleven day itinerary which can, of course, be adapted to suit your interests and needs. But if having the option to arrive at some of Bhutan’s most splendid cultural sites on foot rather than by vehicle appeals, then this Bhutan walking holiday will certainly do the trick. Walking rather than full on trekking and wild camping, this trip is for visitors who love to walk but perhaps not all day every day, and also enjoy the comfort of hotels.
The reason why walking holidays in Bhutan are such a wonderful way to discover the country is mainly because some of its isolated regions, remote monasteries and villages are only accessible on foot. You will, therefore, also be walking in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims or traders and in many places will feel as if you have walked back in time, exploring the wonders of the country’s splendid Paro, Punakha, Thimphu and Phobjikha Valleys.
Highlights of this trip include hiking in the Phobjikha Valley, famous for being home to the black-necked crane between the months of November to March, trekking up to the stunning Taktshang Monastery, perched on a 900m high cliff, and also walking up to 18th century Lungchotse Lhakhang. From here, you will have earned a view over the Bhutan Himalayas.
As well as the bigger pictures of the Himalayas, you will also get a chance to see every day life in Bhutan, visiting small villages, farms, having a cooking lesson or taking part in a Buddhist meditation. Because this walking holiday is not only about taking steps through Bhutan’s stunning landscapes, but also into its everyday life and precious culture.
Click here to visit: Our Best Sold Walking Holiday Package on Responsible Travel.
Day 1: Arrive Paro
Day 2: Paro-Punakha / Wangdue Phodrang & Punakha Tours / Sightseeing’s
Day 3: Punakha-Bumthang
Day 4: Bumthang Tours & Sightseeing’s
Day 5: Trongsa Tours & Sightseeing’s and Trongsa-Thimphu.
Day 6: Thimphu Tours & Sightseeing’s
Day 7: Thimphu-Paro & A Day Hike to Taktsang Ghoempa (Tiger’s Nest Monastery)
Day 8: Paro - Departure
Note : For detailed itinerary do contact us.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- It is private tour, will be accompanied by your personal guide and your driver with vehicle.
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Bottled mineral Water throughout your tour.
- Accommodation in twin Sharing in 3 Star Hotel.(4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals (buffet system /include evening tea/snacks per pax each day).
- All hotel tax & service charges.
- Bhutan visa processing fee.
- All inland travel permits.
- Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) Royalties and taxes.
- Inland transfers by private car: SUV Vehicles (Toyota Prado / Hyundai Tucson / Hyundai Santa Fe / Toyota Sedans), Toyota Hiace, Toyota Coaster, Hyundai H1 – based on group strength.
- Local sightseeing with entrance fees where applicable.
- Services of an English speaking local guide.
- Druk air flights [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents].
- Travel insurance
- Refreshment, any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc
- Other expenses of personal nature
Thank you for the incredible experience I had in Bhutan. I still can't believe that this place still exists! everything was perfect, the guide, the driver, the car, the hotels, and the food. so much taste in every dish. the last day was perfect, with the climbing to Taktsang and the evening with a relaxing hot stone bath and dinner at the farmhouse. once again, many thanks for organizing this amazing tour and you shared your happiness with me, and congrats to Singe and Sange (or how their names are written).
"Great company, great price. I was thoroughly impressed with World Tour Plan. The package seemed a lot, however, once we started the tour, we realized how amazing the pricing was considering everything we did, where we stayed and every other thing that was included. I'd recommend the World Tour Plan to anyone. Not only is it a great price, but you see everything you would want to see in Bhutan, and you see things you wouldn't have thought to see. You also get to do things you wouldn't think to do. The staff were incredible as well. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!"
"Had a blast! Everyone should travel with World Tour Plan ! A different way to travel but a great way to make real friends and properly get to know a country."