This in-depth cultural tour offers a rare opportunity to savor the different customs and cultures of the western and central valleys of Bhutan at a leisurely pace. Highlights include Ta Dzong Museum, Rimpong Dzong and the infamous Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in the beautiful Paro Valley, The National Memorial Chorten, 12th century Changangkha Temple and the National Library exhibiting ancient scriptures in Bhutan’s capital Thimphu, and after crossing the 3050m Dochula Pass with spectacular Himalayan views, a journey into the sub-tropical Punakha Valley featuring the incredible the Punakha Dzong and Chimi Lhakhang, temple of the ‘Divine Madman’.
Continue onto the central districts of Trongsa, the birthplace of monarchy, and the Bumthang Valley, Bhutan’s spiritual heartland featuring 7th-century Jambay Lhakhang and Kurje Lhakhang with its rock imprint of Guru Rimpoche. The tour then returns westward to the glacial valley of Gangtey/Phobjikha, the winter home to the rare black-necked cranes.
Day 1: Arrive Paro, Paro-Thimphu.
Day 2: Thimphu Tour and Sightseeing.
Day 3: Thimphu Short hike to Tango Monastery.
Day 4: Thimphu-Punakha-Wangdue.
Day 5: Wangdue – Trongsa -Bumthang.
Day 6: Bumthang Tour and Sightseeing.
Day 7: Bumthang – Mongar.
Day 8: Mongar - Lhuentse - Mongar.
Day 9: Mongar - Trashigang.
Day 10: Trashigang – Mongar.
Day 11: Mongar – Bumthang.
Day 12: Bumthang (hike to Tharpaling Monastery)
Day 13: Bumthang -Trongsa with a Short excursion to Kuenga Rabten.
Day 14: Trongsa to Punakha via Phobjikha Valley.
Day 15: Punakha-Thimphu.
Day 16: Thimphu to Haa valley to Paro.
Day 17: Paro Excursion to Taktsang Monastery.
Day 18: Paro Departure.
Note: For detailed itinerary do contact us.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- It is private tour, will be accompanied by your personal guide and your driver with vehicle.
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Bottled mineral Water throughout your tour.
- Accommodation in twin Sharing in 3 Star Hotel.(4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals (buffet system /include evening tea/snacks per pax each day).
- All hotel tax & service charges.
- Bhutan visa processing fee.
- All inland travel permits.
- Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) Royalties and taxes.
- Inland transfers by private car: SUV Vehicles (Toyota Prado / Hyundai Tucson / Hyundai Santa Fe / Toyota Sedans), Toyota Hiace, Toyota Coaster, Hyundai H1 – based on group strength.
- Local sightseeing with entrance fees where applicable.
- Services of an English speaking local guide.
- Druk air flights [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents].
- Travel insurance
- Refreshment, any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc
- Other expenses of personal nature
In addition to above itinerary , World Tour Plan can also arrange a variety of “add on” options to provide a more in-depth experience of Bhutan. These include:
- Walking Tour.
- Cycling / Biking.
- Wellbeing and spa retreats offering yoga, pilates, meditation, healing bodywork, hot stone baths and massage.
- Rafting / Kayaking.
- Farmhouse stay.
- Cultural Show.
These activities can easily be incorporated into any itinerary. Please note that some activities may attract additional fees.
Thank you for the incredible experience I had in Bhutan. I still can't believe that this place still exists! everything was perfect, the guide, the driver, the car, the hotels, and the food. so much taste in every dish. the last day was perfect, with the climbing to Taktsang and the evening with a relaxing hot stone bath and dinner at the farmhouse. once again, many thanks for organizing this amazing tour and you shared your happiness with me, and congrats to Singe and Sange (or how their names are written).
"Great company, great price. I was thoroughly impressed with World Tour Plan. The package seemed a lot, however, once we started the tour, we realized how amazing the pricing was considering everything we did, where we stayed and every other thing that was included. I'd recommend the World Tour Plan to anyone. Not only is it a great price, but you see everything you would want to see in Bhutan, and you see things you wouldn't have thought to see. You also get to do things you wouldn't think to do. The staff were incredible as well. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!"
"Had a blast! Everyone should travel with World Tour Plan ! A different way to travel but a great way to make real friends and properly get to know a country."