The tour starts from Paro, a picturesque valley dotted with farmhouses and turquoise colored Pachu River meandering through the valley. After an active acclimatization hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery, you will venture into a beautiful Laya-Gasa Trek. This trek offers a great variety of trekking conditions, from picturesque farmland and forests to alpine pastureland and high passes. Shingchenla Pass at 5010m is the highest pass that you will cross on this trek.
There is an ample chance to spot yaks, blue sheep, vultures, wild flowers in full blossom and rare birds. One of the highlights of this trek is that you will be bestowed with the opportunity to camp beneath some of Bhutan’s most impressive peaks – Mount Jhomolhari and Jichu Drake.
The trek will also acquaint you to the unique culture of the Layap people and provide a stop at natural hot spring in Gasa. We then explore well-preserved Bhutanese cultures, old fortresses and temples in western Bhutan.
Day 1 : Arrive Paro
Day 2 : Acclimatization hike to Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Elev 3180m
Day 3 : Start of Trek - Paro to Shana
Day 4 : Shana to Soi Thangthangkha
Day 5 : Soi Thangthangkha to Jangothang
Day 6 : Halt at Jangothang base camp
Day 7 : Jangothang to Lingshi
Day 8 : Lingshi to Chebisa
Day 9 : Chebisa to Shomuthang
Day 10 : Shomuthang to Robluthang
Day 11 : Robluthang to Lingmithang
Day 12 : Lingmithang to Laya
Day 13 : Laya to Koena
Day 14 : End of Trek - Koena to Gasa
Day 15 : Gasa to Punakha
Day 16 : Punakha via Dochula pass to Thimphu
Day 17 : Thimphu to Paro
Note : For detailed itinerary do contact us.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- It is private tour, will be accompanied by your personal guide and your driver with vehicle.
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Bottled mineral Water throughout your tour.
- Accommodation in twin Sharing in 3 Star Hotel.(4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals (buffet system /include evening tea/snacks per pax each day).
- All hotel tax & service charges.
- Bhutan visa processing fee.
- All inland travel permits.
- Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) Royalties and taxes.
- Inland transfers by private car: SUV Vehicles (Toyota Prado / Hyundai Tucson / Hyundai Santa Fe / Toyota Sedans), Toyota Hiace, Toyota Coaster, Hyundai H1 – based on group strength.
- Local sightseeing with entrance fees where applicable.
- Services of an English speaking local guide.
- Druk air flights [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents].
- Travel insurance
- Refreshment, any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc
- Other expenses of personal nature
Equipments & Gears
- A Cook
- Camp assistance
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mats
Thank you for the incredible experience I had in Bhutan. I still can't believe that this place still exists! everything was perfect, the guide, the driver, the car, the hotels, and the food. so much taste in every dish. the last day was perfect, with the climbing to Taktsang and the evening with a relaxing hot stone bath and dinner at the farmhouse. once again, many thanks for organizing this amazing tour and you shared your happiness with me, and congrats to Singe and Sange (or how their names are written).
"Great company, great price. I was thoroughly impressed with World Tour Plan. The package seemed a lot, however, once we started the tour, we realized how amazing the pricing was considering everything we did, where we stayed and every other thing that was included. I'd recommend the World Tour Plan to anyone. Not only is it a great price, but you see everything you would want to see in Bhutan, and you see things you wouldn't have thought to see. You also get to do things you wouldn't think to do. The staff were incredible as well. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!"
"Had a blast! Everyone should travel with World Tour Plan ! A different way to travel but a great way to make real friends and properly get to know a country."