The Snowman Trek goes to the remote Lunana district and is considered to be one of the most difficult treks in Bhutan. Crossing dozens of high passes, many over 16,000 ft, this tough trek includes challenges of long distances, altitude, difficult weather conditions and remoteness.
- Experience fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake.
- Traverse beautiful landscapes from lush valleys and dense forests to high mountain passes.
- Explore the isolated community of Laya and the remote Lunana district.
- Soak in the therapeutic waters of the Gasa Hot Springs.
- Camp overnight beneath some of Bhutan’s most impressive mountain peaks.
- Spend time Marveling at the ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist monasteries and temples in the Himalaya.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, perched on a cliff 900m above the valley floor.
- Incorporate a Value-Added Option such as a cooking lesson or meditation session with a monk.
The Snowman Trek is an extension of the beautiful Laya Gasa Trek, and leads from Laya into high altitudes of the Bhutanese Himalayas. It takes tough and enduring trekkers into the Lunana region and further on to Gangkhar Puensum and Bumthang or down to Sephu in Trongsa district, depending on which route you choose. The Snowman trek leads through the most remote areas up to very high altitudes.
Trekkers have to camp in altitudes above 5,000m more than once, and depending on the seasonal temperatures, the camps are sometimes on snow.
The Lonely Planet describes the Snowman Trek as one of the most difficult treks of the world. The best time for Snowman Trek is summer – unlike many other high altitude treks of Bhutan. Many groups that attempt this tough trek do not finish due to problems with the high altitude or snow blocked passes. However, those who make it will remember this trek as an outstanding, beautiful and as one of the most rewarding trek of their life. In this version of the Snowman Trek, one has the possibility of spending a day or two at perhaps one of the most beautiful hot springs of the Himalayas.
Day 1: Arrive in Paro.
Day 2: Acclimatization and tour in Paro Valley.
Day 3: Hike to iconic Takstang (Tigers Nest Monastery).
Day 4,5,& 6: Start of Trek - Trek from Shana Zam to Thongduzam, then to Thangthangka & Jangothang (Jhomolhari Base Camp).
Day 7: Rest day in Jangothang.
Day 8-13: Trek to Laya via Lingshi , Chebisa, Shomulthang. Robluthang, Lemithang and arrive in Laya.
Day 14: Rest day in Laya.
Day 15-20: Trek to Lunana region via Rodophu, Cross Tsome la to Narethang, Cross Karchungla to Tarina, to Woche,cross keshe la to Lhedi, and then to Thanza.
Day 21: Rest day in Thanza.
Day 22-29: End of Trek - Trek to Bumthang via Danje, Tsorim Lake, cross Gophula to Geshe Woma, Mischugang, Worithangla, Dur Tsachu(Hot spring), Tsochenchen and end the trek near Jakar.(Bumthang).
Day 31: Visit Chumey Valley, drive and visit Trongsa.
Day 32: Drive through Central Bhutan to (Punakha & Wangdue).
Day 33 & 34 : Drive from Punakha to Thimphu.
Day 35: Departure from Paro.
Note : For detailed itinerary do contact us.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- It is private tour, will be accompanied by your personal guide and your driver with vehicle.
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Bottled mineral Water throughout your tour.
- Accommodation in twin Sharing in 3 Star Hotel.(4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals (buffet system /include evening tea/snacks per pax each day).
- All hotel tax & service charges.
- Bhutan visa processing fee.
- All inland travel permits.
- Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) Royalties and taxes.
- Inland transfers by private car: SUV Vehicles (Toyota Prado / Hyundai Tucson / Hyundai Santa Fe / Toyota Sedans), Toyota Hiace, Toyota Coaster, Hyundai H1 – based on group strength.
- Local sightseeing with entrance fees where applicable.
- Services of an English speaking local guide.
- Druk air flights [Please note that the cost of any domestic airfare for the guide must be paid by the clients/agents].
- Travel insurance.
- Refreshment, any alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages and any other personal expenses.
- Gratuities to guide, driver, trekking staff, etc.
- Other expenses of personal nature.
Equipments & Gears
- A Cook
- Camp assistance
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mats
Thank you for the incredible experience I had in Bhutan. I still can't believe that this place still exists! everything was perfect, the guide, the driver, the car, the hotels, and the food. so much taste in every dish. the last day was perfect, with the climbing to Taktsang and the evening with a relaxing hot stone bath and dinner at the farmhouse. once again, many thanks for organizing this amazing tour and you shared your happiness with me, and congrats to Singe and Sange (or how their names are written).
"Great company, great price. I was thoroughly impressed with World Tour Plan. The package seemed a lot, however, once we started the tour, we realized how amazing the pricing was considering everything we did, where we stayed and every other thing that was included. I'd recommend the World Tour Plan to anyone. Not only is it a great price, but you see everything you would want to see in Bhutan, and you see things you wouldn't have thought to see. You also get to do things you wouldn't think to do. The staff were incredible as well. Couldn't have asked for a better trip!"
"Had a blast! Everyone should travel with World Tour Plan ! A different way to travel but a great way to make real friends and properly get to know a country."